- 229 patents filed and 32 awarded.
- 42 of those patents have been licensed to companies bringing in a total of $26.8 million from 43 companies.
- 7 start-ups, 2 of which have been acquired.
- $31 million has been received from private industry investors and 2 newly funded research centers have spun out.
- Educational outreach events have continually grown, recently there was one with 3000 attendees.
- Industrial partners have matched and are now exceeding the annual investment of $4M from the National Science Foundation.
- CMDITR’s ethics training modules have been adopted by over 91 user groups at dozens of institutions across the US. The photonics wiki receives as many as 3000 visitors a month.
- 19 educational videos on the what-why-and-how of researching have received 1600 views.
- Highly organized and charismatic leadership and administration of this complex center.
Although the "external" board, which is what we have evolved into, has negligible impact on CDMITR, it sure has been a thrill to be front and center watching the action!